Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Snow

Snow!   No, no, no, no, no.    Not here.   But up home in Indiana this is the first snow storm to hit since we moved here.  They are really getting the slippery, freezing stuff that will probably put schools on a two hour delay tomorrow.  The weather here?  Well, it is cold according to Floridians.   It is 48 degrees at 8:15 pm and the only white stuff is the sand.






Today I took Kacey down to the Santa Rosa Sound at the end of our subdivision.   It is a nice, short walk and so pretty but we drove.  I would of had to carry her home otherwise.    The area there is a shallow beach line with lots of wildlife.
You can see an old boat sunk out a ways. The tiny buildings across the sound are condos on the island.  I didn't see crabs and such.  Maybe during the winter months you don't see them so much.
This is a quick shot of the tall pine trees against the late afternoon sun. 
As soon as we get in the car, Kacey settles in on the driver's seat.   "No Kacey, I do all the driving!"  I swear, if she could drive, she would.
Well, back to snow in Indiana.  I so remember getting up and needing to leave the house by 6:30 am but worried that there would be too much snow in the driveway.  By the time I got home at 4:00, it had frozen to the cement and was difficult to remove without me falling on my behind.   And of course, the snow blower would not start.  Ron would come over and it would start for him.  UGH!!!!  But then he would end up doing the driveway with me helping with a shovel.  Many, many days were like this in Indiana winters.  Dad is so happy to be here - no more snow.  He used to help out neighbors besides doing his own driveway.  They are going to miss him this winter.  I think many of us up north think snow is pretty until December 26 and then it is a pain.

Just a reminder to my friends and family, spring tulips will pop their heads up - eventually - and the grass will again grow a beautiful dark green.  (These tulips were planted for me by my friend Kelly when I was on crutches.)  Gee , do tulips even grow in Florida?  Keep warm all.

No comments:

Post a Comment