Well, of course your mind goes to the smoke alarms but all batteries were just changed two weeks prior to that evening. So I looked and listened, listen and looked and came up with nothing. Time to see if Dad can help - "Dad, I know you have been asleep for 1 1/2 hours but wake up please and help me search for the beep, beep, beep." He got up with a confused stare on his face but understood the basic problem. We looked for at least 30 minutes and found nothing. Finally anything that was electronic was removed from the room. Quiet. Ahhhhhh......finally. Off to bed he went and I was about to get into bed and beep, beep, beep AGAIN. REALLY!?
I look under the bed this time and see a box........it says ATT..........and it is beeping. Cords are attached to it and I have no idea what it is doing there or why it is beeping. "Dad, I need you again please." I said please oh so nicely. (It is now 1:00am.) We figure out it is a battery back up for ATT UVERSE but WHY is it beeping? I get my IPAD and research quickly and understand that the beeping can mean a number of things. What would happen if we unplugged it? Would we loose our phone, internet, and tv. We tried unplugging it and lost the phone, tv, and internet. We unplugged it anyway because sleep is so much more important, especially since it is now 1:25.
I called ATT right away Monday morning and they are sending someone out tomorrow morning.
Here is my final question:
WHY DO ALL THESE SORT OF PROBLEMS HAPPEN IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? Why oh why?
This is the beeping culprit. Why would it be put UNDER a bed?
This brings me to another short story. My Grandma Ronschke had a great imagination. One morning my Mom stopped over and she told Mom there was an alien in her house last night. (The smoke alarm was beeping.) Mom explained about the smoke alarm. Can you imagine going all night thinking an alien from another planet is in your house? Ah......that was my grandmother.
I give french horn lessons to a talented french horn player named Hannah. She and he Mom gave me tulips the other day. So made me think of Indiana springtime. Oh, and Hannah played her solo at the solo and ensemble contest on Saturday and got a first. Congratulations Hannah!
DISNEY HERE WE COME AGAIN!
When we were at Disney World a few weeks ago, we had some problems getting to EPCOT because of the monorail not working and some construction also in the way. I wrote a short note when I got home - very positive, in hopes that they could help other people in the same situation save time that we lost. SURPRISE! A wonderful lady called and offered us tickets to go into the park again - free!! Thank you Disney World! So we are returning soon. The best part is that I will get to see Kathy and Terry Cox and also the Flower and Garden show. I am excited.
Kacey again will stay at Best Friends kennel at Disney - right on Disney property. It worked out so well last time that I do not worry about leaving her there again. She will be minutes away from us and it is Disney World, after all. They gave her a little report card and she did so well. I am a proud Ma-ma.
Good things happening!
- Mom is feeling so much better. You can tell just on her face alone that she has more energy.
- Dad's cardiology appointment went great!
- We are watching the pool temperature slowly rise. I am waiting until it hits 75 degrees and then I will be ready to try it.
- Ron is no longer traveling to downtown Gary to work. He occassionally had to go to the Gary bank, sometimes in the middle of the night, and we worried about him.
- Dave is great - snow and cold has kept teachers and students out of school many days so they will have make-up days to do. Hope he can make spring break down here.
- I took my Kacey to the vet for a check up and she does have an ear infection but otherwise is very healthy. Love my Kacey!
- I have talked to various family members lately and everyone is doing just fine. That is always wonderful news to hear.
Take care all and Spring is coming.......