This is a picture of the USS ALABAMA in Mobile, Alabama. That is about 45 minutes away from our house so off we went to tour this ship. Of course, another hot day. What an interesting day it was...... I learned:
- living conditions were not comfortable.
- food was probably not too bad.
- the ship was smaller than I thought.
- there was lots of movement from waves when out at sea so any sailor that was prone to seasickness was in trouble.
- the guns were so amazingly powerful. And they had to be so loud!
- the stairways were steep. Very steep.
- men in my family LOVE to tour ships and airplanes.
- women in my family find it interesting.
- such pride you feel for the men that served on this ship. They gave so much to their country.
Thank you to all the men that served on the USS Alabama!