Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Making Memories at Disney World.....Part I

A week ago my Aunt Sandy (Sandy Kaiser) and I went to Disney World.   Sandy had lived in Jupiter, Fl when married to my Uncle Bob and raised Tammy and Robin there but moved to Seattle when Bob passed away.  She was there over 10 years and has just moved to Atlanta to be close to Robin.  But that also means we are only 5 hours away from each other. So Sandy and I put our heads together and planned a week at Disney World.  And what a week it was!  I had so much fun and can't wait to go back.  Sandy is the ideal travel partner - we have such fun together and she is willing to do everything my way!  (he-he)
 Here is Sandy at the Mexican Restaurant in Epcot.  We ate there Tuesday night and the food was wonderful but when we walked outside a major thunderstorm began with all the loud bangs and wind.  We stood under a pavilion but that did not help much as the wind blew the rain in upon us anyway.   So we had to buy the Disney rain ponchos which was annoying because we had some in the hotel room.
Speaking of hotels we spent the first two nights at the Coronado Springs Resort on Disney Property.  It is a beautiful resort but so, sooooooo big.  I was impressed with how comfy the beds were and the decorations but just to get to the pool is quite a walk.   It is considered a moderate resort and I saved money with my Florida resident discount.  Yea for me!
The third through fifth nights we stayed at a condo that Sandy had point for through her vacation plan.  It was perfect for us - two bedrooms, living room, and two bathrooms.  Very pretty and tropical and only 5-10 minutes from Disney.

I can't tell you how many times I have seen Cinderella's Castle but it is always so breathtaking at night as it changes colors.  Cinderella is one lucky girl!
Sandy and I ate at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort one evening and had our picture taken.  I have stayed at the Polynesian but never again I am afraid.   It is a deluxe resort and that means big bucks.   Big, big bucks. But that doesn't mean that you can't hop onto the monorail and have dinner there. 
Here are some quick thoughts.
1.  Disney is as beautiful as I remembered.  Perfection is everywhere.
2.  I love the attractions and am amazed at what they do.
3.  T-shirts are too much money.  $22-$30 a t-shirt.  Give me a break.
4.  The shows are unbelievable and worth it if you just go to see those.
5.  Be prepared to walk miles and miles.   I have the blister to prove that.
6.  Almost everyone is polite but there is that occasional line jumper that you would like to stick your foot out and trip.
7.  Food is over priced also.  Good but over priced.  I don't know how a family of four or more can afford to eat there.
8.  I love the Minnie hats and shirts.   Yes, I got one of each.
To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment