Here is Sandy at the Mexican Restaurant in Epcot. We ate there Tuesday night and the food was wonderful but when we walked outside a major thunderstorm began with all the loud bangs and wind. We stood under a pavilion but that did not help much as the wind blew the rain in upon us anyway. So we had to buy the Disney rain ponchos which was annoying because we had some in the hotel room.
Speaking of hotels we spent the first two nights at the Coronado Springs Resort on Disney Property. It is a beautiful resort but so, sooooooo big. I was impressed with how comfy the beds were and the decorations but just to get to the pool is quite a walk. It is considered a moderate resort and I saved money with my Florida resident discount. Yea for me!
The third through fifth nights we stayed at a condo that Sandy had point for through her vacation plan. It was perfect for us - two bedrooms, living room, and two bathrooms. Very pretty and tropical and only 5-10 minutes from Disney.
I can't tell you how many times I have seen Cinderella's Castle but it is always so breathtaking at night as it changes colors. Cinderella is one lucky girl!
Sandy and I ate at the Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort one evening and had our picture taken. I have stayed at the Polynesian but never again I am afraid. It is a deluxe resort and that means big bucks. Big, big bucks. But that doesn't mean that you can't hop onto the monorail and have dinner there.
Here are some quick thoughts.
1. Disney is as beautiful as I remembered. Perfection is everywhere.
2. I love the attractions and am amazed at what they do.
3. T-shirts are too much money. $22-$30 a t-shirt. Give me a break.
4. The shows are unbelievable and worth it if you just go to see those.
5. Be prepared to walk miles and miles. I have the blister to prove that.
6. Almost everyone is polite but there is that occasional line jumper that you would like to stick your foot out and trip.
7. Food is over priced also. Good but over priced. I don't know how a family of four or more can afford to eat there.
8. I love the Minnie hats and shirts. Yes, I got one of each.