Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fall in the Gulf Coast

Fall is so different on the Gulf Coast compared to northern Indiana.  Lots of beautiful colors are being proudly displayed by the trees in Indiana right now and many people love going on week-end journeys to see the beautiful colors.   Here in Florida we do know that Fall is here but mostly because  it is getting darker sooner.  Temps here are in the 80's and nights are comfortable.  So today seemed like it would be a great day to go for a ride to an area I had not visited yet - Foley, Alabama.
 



The tall pine trees grow fast and straight and drop big, beautiful pine cones.
 
 
 
 Foley was just over an hour drive for us and we loved the drive today.   Everything is very green.  We started our visit at the Tanger's Outlet Mall.   I had heard it was a great mall and it was!   Pretty, large, easy parking, lots of stores that interested me - I just need more money.
= $$ = I wanted it!
 
I did go into Coach and was excited when they had a 50% off coupon.   I have always wanted a Coach bag and thought, maybe now?  Well, 50% off of way-too-much is too-much.  (You might wonder why I want a Coach bag?  I have no idea.  It is just that it is - COACH!

 Afterwards, we went to a restaurant I had read about where they have wonderful rolls and throw them to you across the room.  Lambert's Café was so fun and my gosh, the amount of food you are given is crazy!  They do throw the rolls when you ask for one and the rolls  are warm and delicious.  The menu is very southern with lots of greens, fried chicken, and BBQ pork steaks and sandwiches.  I thought the prices were good - especially for the amount of food that you receive.    By this time we headed home and enjoyed the sunset on the way.  
There are other areas that I can't wait to visit.  New Orleans and some of the beautiful southern plantations in Georgia.  That was today's activities......I also took Kacey to the vet this morning for an ear check and nail trim.   I needed a relaxing drive after that - Miss Diva is quite a handful when getting the nails cut.  And I have the scratches to prove it!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment