Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Friday, January 31, 2014

Disney World

We just got home last night from 4 days in Disney World!   My Aunt Sandy has a timeshare and she had us stay at the Reunion Resort off of Disney property for free - did you hear that?  FREEEEEEE!!!!!!
A beautiful 3 bedroom -3 bath condo minutes from Disney.  I decided not to take many pictures on this trip.  Sometimes that gets so time consuming so these memories are going to be in my head.




The first night we ate at the Olivia's Cafe.  Good prices, for Disney, and good food.  I think we were all in bed by 10:30 since the morning would take us to EPCOT.  We had rented a scooter for Mom and that allowed her to go everywhere comfortably.  Beautiful flowers everywhere and the weather was in the low 80's with sunshine!   Yes, I remember sunshine.







We all had our Disney shirts on - yes, we were dressed appropriately for a day at EPCOT.  I love Dad's shirt.  I seems to kind of fit him in some way.  


These two are really knowing the Disney Ways.  We went to Magic Kingdom and this year EPCOT.  Of course, Downtown Disney is always part of the trip.


Here is a little girl talking to ALICE. We also saw Mary Poppins and MICKEY!!


The dancers and musicians did a short show in the Polynesian while we waited to be seated in Kona Cafe.  (My favorite Disney restaurant.  I had the coconut chicken.)

Something I keep wanting is the famous Dole Whip.  I love ice cream and pineapple so this is a must.














Dole Whips are sold in two places - the Polynesian and the Magic Kingdom.  There are different serving styles you can get, t-shirts, and even poster sayings.

Next time I am at Disney I AM HAVING A DOLE WHIP!!!!






















The next day we went to Downtown Disney and the temperature had dropped 40 degrees.  Whew!!! With light rain and wind.  I can get lost in the Downtown Disney shops looking at all the Disney - expensive Disney products.   But it is fun.  We knew that a terrible ice storm had hit Gulf Breeze/Pensacola while we were gone.   It was the worst winter storm that they have had in over 20 years.  It closed down schools for 3 days and all the bridges.  Along with the closings HWY 10 was closed from Tallahassee to Pensacola - our route home.  We had to sit and wait at times for them to open the next section.   You can see some snow on the side of the road. in the next picture.  Now, up in Indiana some salt would of been thrown down and people would be very careful and allowed on the roads but here they have no salt, no salt trucks, and the equipment to open up the roads.   Accidents were everywhere!  People who have always lived here do not know how to drive on icy roads and black ice.  Today everything is back to normal but we missed the excitement.


Well, someone is calling me back to Disney right away.   I have purchased the Florida annual pass and they are having a discount on their on-property hotels the first week of March.   I have always wanted to wander Disney World alone and see areas that I have not visited - like Disney Boardwalk and some of the resorts.  The beginning of the EPCOT Flower and Garden Show will begin while I am there.  I will definitely have my camera for that.
Kathy and Terry will be there my last night!   So fun!
I hope to see Disney at Christmas time in early December, also.

I need to go unpack for now - HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment