Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Been awhile........

Yes, it has been a long time since I blogged.   So Sorry.
JANUARY -  Ah......Went to Disney World with Dad, Mom, and Sandy.  Oh yes, and Kacey.  It was wonderful weather, no crowds, and we went to everything in the Magic Kingdom we wanted to see with no lines.    The weather was in the 60's and chilly in the evenings.  
FEBRUARY -  I found a wonderful Chiropractor to help some of the problems with my back.  It seems to be helping.  My private lesson students have been preparing for Solo and Ensemble Contest and I am accompanying them.   They are excited and scared but are ready for the contest.
My Uncle and cousin visited for two days.   He is my Mom's brother - Carl.  Jamilah lives in New Orleans and she and Carl had been going to many of the Mardi Gras parades.  I asked for some beads and DID I GET BEADS!    A big bag full.   We also went over to the Pensacola Beach Mardi Gras parade just before it began and got to see all the floats and we were able to collect some beads there also. 
MARCH -  More private lessons. Oh, and they all got first/gold medals at contest.  I finally got to see my Endocrinologist.  It took four months to get my first appointment.  My thyroid is hyperthyroid due to a couple of nodules so I am going to be going through some treatments in a couple of weeks.
I was very impressed with the doctor so all is good.   Mom, Dad, Kacey, and I left for Indiana a couple of days ago to visit friends and family.  We are staying at my brother Ron's.  Our schedule is almost booked solid with seeing everyone- so fun!   BUT oh, the cold!!!!!  I know, I know.....March in Indiana is cold but this is more of that wet, rainy, almost snow cold that goes right through you.  I am getting spoiled in Florida.   We call 59 degrees cold.

This this is Indiana snow?  No way!   This is some of
that beautiful white sand on
Pensacola Beach.
 Yes!   This is snow from Indiana.   Well, not
today but my last year living here.
Dad's birthday is Thursday and we just bought him a new computer.   His old computer was older than dirt and I can't wait to get home and throw it O-U-T!!   We have the new one set up on Ron's kitchen table for him to use during free time this week.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!
When we leave Friday, we are picking up Dave (my other brother) in Indy and he is going down for the week in Florida and flying back home the day before Easter.

It is getting late so I will sign off and get to bed.   I am sleeping on a blow-up bed.  Ugh!  Well, actually it isn't too bad at all.  So I will sign off from Hobart and leave you with a picture of Yohan, the Mascot of the Hobart Brickies!

No comments:

Post a Comment