Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Blue Angels

Today is the BLUE ANGEL SHOW on Pensacola Beach!   Thousands and thousands of people are heading to the beach at 10:00 a,m.   Our friends were there by 5:30 a.m. to get a spot.   If you go, you must expect to be there ALL DAY LONG - bring food and water - and sunscreen and know it is shoulder to shoulder.   
The Blue Angels are based in Pensacola and Pensacola is proud to call them their own.  
About eight years ago we were vacationing in a condo right on the beach.  Our balcony was so close that you felt that you touch the Angels.  That is the way to see them!   Your own balcony, no crowds around you, air condition behind you when you are hot.  Must get reservations a year in advance for these condos.
**************************************************





Yesterday I did a blog on my recipe book and I have a couple of additions.  I have been told that Noni's nut bread recipe has a back side to the recipe clip that I did not show.   This is what it says.=

Nut Filling
1 lb of walnuts, ground
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of milk
combine all ingredients

I made icing on top out of 
butter
powdered sugar
milk

SORRY I HAD LEFT THIS OFF
**************************************************

This is my Aunt Sandy's  CHOCOLATE PUDDING DESERT or better known as BETTER THAN ROBERT REDFORD.

9 X 12 PAN

1st layer
1 1/4 c. flour
1 1/4 sticks of marg.
1/2 c. chopped nuts (walnuts)
mix and pat in pan -- bake @ 350 degrees for 15 minutes

2nd layer
1 c. powdered sugar
8 oz cream cheese (soft)
mix these together and then fold in 1/2 of a large cool whip
spread this on top of cool crust

3rd layer
2 small instant chocolate pudding
3 cups of cold milk
beat 2 minutes -- pour over 2nd layer  -  spread rest of cool whip on top and sprinkle with nuts if desired

A couple of thoughts before I go!

  • I wish my cousin Robin happy birthday!
  • Hope Sandy's arm is better!
  • This page is all blue - why?   For the Blue Angels silly!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment