Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

A little of this, a little of that

I will start this blog out with a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU KATHY!  Kathy said for her birthday that she and Terry went for a ride and had dinner at a restaurant that they like!   Sounds like a great birthday to me.

My french horn student, Hanna belongs to a dance studio along with her sister Jordan.  I went to see their program last week and again was blown away!   Those girls can dance!   And the costumes - WOW!   I enjoyed the program so much!   Thanks for inviting me.


This is Hanna in one of her many costumes.  Both girls are at band camp this week and their auditions were rockin'.  Talented girls!  And I know their Mom, Sally, is a proud Ma-ma.


It is hot - upper 80's and 90's and that well known panhandle humidity is back.  So beach and pool time and needed.  I have for two days jumped into the pool to find out it is thundering and out I go.   People being killed by lightening here is not uncommon so we don't mess with Mother Nature.


Dave put this picture on Facebook for Father's Day on Sunday.   The man on the left is Grandpa Thomas (not my grandpa, but my cousin's grandpa, but we were all a close family growing up).  On the right is my Grandpa Kaiser.  I loved seeing his picture.   He was an incredible grandfather - full of love!  Always called me honey bunch.  He was a very intelligent man - like my father - and could fix anything.   If he did not have the part, he made the part.   He had been a machinest at the steel mills.   Miss you lots!

And we have people coming in to visit.   Aunt Sandy is coming from Atlanta on Friday and will be here over a week.  Fun, fun, and fun!   I have some ideas of things to do with her that she will enjoy.  No - not go to Disney World.    I wish!!    Then Dave comes is the first of July for a full month and Ron will spend the last week of July here also.  Sage is coming also......Ron's black lab.    Sorry Kacey!


 Kacey didn't get excited when I told her Sage is coming.

I made a pork tenderloin in the crock pot a few days ago and it was sooooo goooooood!  So I found this recipe that I am going to use next time.  Looks delicious.


This is a Pinterest special.


These fireworks will be seen at Pensacola Beach but a great deal of patience will be needed to be in such a crowd of people.   Also, parking.......where to park!    So we might just enjoy the pool instead.   
Every time Kathy and I talk we say to each other....LIFE IS GOOD!   And it is.  I feel that we live in paradise with white sugar sand beaches, palm trees, fresh seafood. water surrounding us, and pelicans.   I love our pelicans.   Enjoy this beautiful summer everyone.......take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment