Another beautiful, very warm day in Gulf Breeze. Beautiful sky blue with white, fluffy clouds here and there. So.......we took off to Pensacola and at lunch at a restaurant called Nick's Boathouse located right on the water.
Nick's Boathouse is right next door to the baseball stadium that the Blue Wahoos play in - impressive stadium on the water.
Then we stopped at Joe Patties to pick up some fish for dinner. I chose the red snapper. We cooked it on the grill and it was great. No fishy taste. Just yummy. A half a pound per person costs $6.00 for each of us.
I can't wait to make these salmon steaks.
More fresh seafood on ice.
Here are some of the shrimp boats tied up on the side of the building.
Crab traps for catching your own crab. Put some chicken in them and place them out in the water over night. Usually you will have one or two in the morning.
Out by the front door is the beignet trailer. They make 6 absolutely delicious beignets for you while you wait. Nothing in a beignet is healthy but oh, my!! Are they good! Try avoiding this spot. (I was able to not stop.....I just had lunch. One point for me.)
Double red flags on the beach mean DO NOT GO IN THE WATER. Well, down the beaches from us Orange Beach, Alabama is having a special meeting of the sharks. First of all, there are always sharks not that far from shore. If you fly over the beach, you see them. But Orange Beach yesterday had approximately 150 sharks east of the Pass. I saw on the news last night some "not so bright person" take their wave runner into the sharks and then fell off. The airplane above showed him swimming very fast to get back on that wave runner.
This picture is not from yesterday but look at the size of the shark. PEOPLE!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!! We have seen sharks when we are in the water and out we go to dry land.
The double red flags were waving again today at Orange Beach.
Some quick thoughts.....
- Again, very warm....90 degrees. Makes the pool feel great.
- I am trying to get my Aunt Sandy here for a couple of weeks. She lives in Atlanta. Come on Sandy! The beach, the pool, shopping. We'd have a blast.
- Kacey needs to go to the vet tomorrow for her nail trim. When she walks in the door, they say, "Oh, there is Kacey!" I am not sure it is said with total enthusiasm since she is a pill about getting her nails cut.
- Father's Day coming up. What do you get for your father when he wants nothing? Hmmmmm... this is always a difficult decision. Last year we took him to tour The Alabama. He loves ships from the various wars.
- And that is it for now. Take care all!