Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Monday, August 29, 2011

It's A Family Dream......

Who can we blame for this move to Florida?  Well, you could blame Dad.   He loves the Florida weather and served in the Navy at Pensacola in the 50's.  Or blame Mom......she loves the evening drives on the beach and down to Fort Pickens.  Oh, ok.....you could blame me.   I have visited Pensacola Beach many, many times during my teaching career on stressful days.  You know, when your thoughts take you to "a happy place".  But maybe we could blame my brothers, Dave and Ron.  Ron has always loved the water but Dave came to PB with Ron and I once spring break after an extremely stressful medical scare.   He had a blast.  Loved the beach, the waves, the restaurants.  And he does not even like fish!
One thing for sure, Kacey loves it here!

If you like eating seafood, this is the place to live.   We went to THE OAR HOUSE for lunch -on the water- and the fish and hushpuppies were fantastic.  Probably 3/4 of the food I have eaten in the last month is seafood.   Flounder, grouper, and shrimp is so good here on the gulf. 
I don't think this seagull agrees with the sign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment