Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Thunder and pool don't mix

When I worked I was in bed by 10:00 and if not, I paid for it the next day.  But one of the joys of retirement is a more flexible schedule depending on my mood.   And most evenings, my mood is to stay up later and sleep later in the morning.  Still eight hours......just shifted a bit.  So tonight everyone is in bed and I set up the dishwasher and turned it on.  Then a load of clothes.  Put the sleepy but determined to stay up doggie to bed and then had a great idea.
I AM GOING IN THE POOL!  WHO CARES THAT IT IS 11:00 PM!


So into the pool I went and enjoyed it for ten.....whole......minutes.  The rumble of thunder was suddenly off in the distance.  I tried to ignore it but then I saw that flash that says, "Get out of the pool you idiot!"   So I did.  

We don't play games with thunder and lightening.   Just too darn dangerous.   So I can now hear the storm moving in on us so I will turn off the computer and go to bed.   But I did get to enjoy ten wonderful minutes by myself.  Oh Mother Nature!   I can never out-guess you.  At least the frogs are happy.......
                    Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment