Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Friday, July 18, 2014

Yum! CHERRY SEASON


IT IS CHERRY SEASON.
Cherry pies, cherry cobbler, cherry ice cream topping, and just plain cherries!
I bought these at Walmart and guess where they come from?  The state of Washington.   Just about as far away from here in the states as you can get.   I am eating these as I type this - they are ok but could be sweeter.

Kacey and I were watching television and took a selfie.   She always shuts her eyes when we do this.


THE BEST PEANUT/CHOCOLATE CANDY THERE IS!
Dave always has a bowl of peanut M&Ms on the computer desk in his room.   I have to walk past the door to these delicious chocolate morsels to go around the corner to my room.  I try so hard to ignore those M&Ms.  I am not always successful in bypassing them.  They are SO GOOD!  (Ignore them, Peggy, ignore them!!!!)


FROGS
We have these cute tiny green frogs that show up every night.  Now, I believe these are full grown.  But the sound they make is unbelievably LOUD.   They are not scary at all but try to get into the house when we let Kacey outside.   Then we are on a frog hunt.  No frogs in my bedroom please.


OCTOPUS FOR ART
Dad and I went to an Art Show about 6 months ago.  A man in Navarre makes these large bowls and I fell in love with then.   They were pricey but I knew it would go great on our kitchen table.   I will be sick if we ever break it.......it is a heavy piece of art work.  (I might of shown this before - sorry if this is a repeat!)


Dad's friend made this light fixture and gave it to us for Christmas time but I like it out on the patio by the pool area.   It brightens up the area. It is made out of clear plastic cups and Christmas tree outdoor lights.



I am finishing up my cherries now and Kacey is on the floor next to me - snoring - ready to go outside one more time before bed.  We had a driving rain storm tonight but all is quiet right now.


OH, AND I CAN'T FORGET SHOPPING
Mom and I went to Kohls today in Mary Esther.   Some of the major stores here (Penneys, Sears, Kohls) do what the stores do up at home.   They have end of summer sales and that is it with clothing for warm weather.   The thing is, we have warm weather here in the winter.   It is not unusual to have many days in the 70's so shorts and definitely Capri's are popular.  So off I went to Kohls to check on the Gloria Vanderbilt  Bermuda shorts - 50% off - so I bought a pair and Mom bought some Capri's.    
You can still get warm weather wear at Bealls and Belks - both southern based stores.   Just a little lesson in shopping.
Take care all!  

No comments:

Post a Comment