Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

It's A Bummer...

Today is my birthday and aren't birthdays always great days.   They are in my family because everyone goes out of their way to make sure that you have a festive day.   Mom cooked steak on the grill, pineapple upside down cake with fresh pineapple, we were in the pool, and spent some time relaxing.    But my birthday started with a sad note, that explains the title - It's A Bummer - because we took some friends, our next door neighbor Karol and Ethan  to the airport and had to say good-bye for now.  We needed to kick back because it has been a busy 5 days.  Lots of work needed to be done before they left and we tried to help when we could.   Ethan  LOVES Mr. Ron.   Mr. Ron plays ball, swims with Ethan, plays catch, watches cartoons, and any other activity a 6 year old boy would enjoy doing.    Our wonderful neighbor Karol and her six year old Ethan were moving back to Puerto Rico and oh my, are we going to miss them. So today we are missing our friends but hope they are happy.
  Karol at the airport this morning.
 
  Ethan looking cool in his new sunglasses. 
 
We have grown to love them and have enjoyed having Karol and Ethan spend holidays with us.  Ethan is so funny and has energy that just amazes me.  You know, he wears you out just watching him run around.  Matter of fact, as I am typing this I just received a text from them that they have arrived in Puerto Rico safely.  
Now I will have time to play with my new birthday gift - and IPOD.  This is from Mom and Dad and Ron.  I have been too busy to even take it out of the box.   Oh, and thank you Ethan for the tea cup with the initial E.   I looked at Karol wondering why E?   She said Ethan did not want me to forget him so he wanted his initial on the cup.   Well, that works -  Ah, the thought process of a 6 year old.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment