Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pensacola Naval Museum

Hi everyone.   Sorry for not posting.....just lazy, I guess.   Today we went to the Taste of Pensacola and had some great food and went through the art and craft booths.  It was fun but hot and humid.
Yesterday was a busy day.    After doing some errands on the west side of Pensacola, we decided to stop at the Naval Aviation Museum.  It is one of Dad's favorite places to visit.  (The museum is about 30 minutes from our house - so easy to visit.)
www.navalaviationmuseum.org/

This is a wonderful statue of soldiers representing various wars with US involvement.   It is the first thing you see when you walk into the free museum.   Yes, I said free and it is one of the most amazing museums I have ever visited.  When visiting Pensacola, this is a must on your calendar.
In front of the museum is other statues. This is a Navy man dressed as Dad did when he was in the Navy.  Oh yes, and me.
 
 
The planes represent air flight from the beginning of airplanes to now. 

This picture above is the cover of another Shutterfly book that I did with pictures from past summer.  Recognize the man?   Yes it is a picture of Dad that I took when we were watching the sunset at Fort Pickens.  I love Shutterfly.   They have lots of specials and if you watch for them, you can get the books made for great prices.
My last picture for today.  Meet one of my friends we met up with on the Pensacola Beach pier.  He is a beauty.  What a life......spending your days on the beach and pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment