Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas in Pensacola

Yes, I have been to the beach looking for Santa.  No chance yet!  Maybe a few men that look like him but mostly skin-boarders in wet suits having a great time with the waves.  Today it was 75 degrees,  I believe it was 35 back in Indiana.  So we went Christmas shopping in shorts, t-shirts, and sunglasses.  Seems a bit strange but everyone is so decorated for Christmas that you forget you miss the snow and nippy cold.
So I went to the beach yesterday to just sit and enjoy the view.  And who was way ahead of me on the walkway to the beach?  Just Dad.  With his net, towel, and chair......ready to get some good shells.  But that was not to be.  The waves were high enough and the water cold enough to make it uncomfortable.  The yellow flag means go enjoy the water but caution.  The lifeguards are not on duty in the winter you so swim at your own risk.

While at the beach, the seagulls were looking out into the distance.  For Santa?   I don't know but I have noticed they are like weathervaines.  They always stand facing into the wind.  I guess they don't like their feathers ruffled just like we don't like our hair messed up.
These signs are placed here and there to help people remember to take care and protect the turtles.  I just love the turtles.  Even the zoo turtles.  When I got my new plates for Florida, I got the one that helps to protect the sea turtle.
This is not my plate but their sample plate.  The money goes towards
Marine Resources Conservation Trust Fund in the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to conduct sea turtle protection, research and recovery programs.


Well, I don't see too many evergreens like we see at home.  Instead there are many tall, and I mean tall, pine trees with large pinecones.  But people here have no hesitation in decorating their palm trees.  I am leaving you today with a picture of my neighbords palm.  Isn't it gorgeous!

Well, it is Friday evening and Ron is here in 5 days - Dave in 6.  We are almost ready for a great Christmas week.  Hey!   My Christmas shopping is even done and wrapped.   I think I will try to get out to the beach tomorrow and look for Santa......

No comments:

Post a Comment