Sunset

Sunset
Sunset on Pensacola Beach

Thursday, September 24, 2015

DVC

What's new in my life?  I am excited that I recently  purchased into the Disney Vacation Club!   I spent a full week of study of all the good reasons and bad reasons to do so  --  Called Tony, our investment counselor 4 times to discuss this financial move  -- and called  the DVC representative assigned to me at least 15 times.


In my case, it is a good investment that will pay for itself in approximately 8 years.  It allows us to stay in better Disney lodging and to utilize the monorail for transportation.  Believe me, I have studied and studied this investment.    I LOVE going to Disney World and have been there over 20 times in my life even though I lived in Indiana.  Mom and Dad have enjoyed our Disney trips since we have moved to Florida.


Our home resort is the Polynesian.  Having the opportunity to be in a resort on the monorail is important as we all get older.  And who doesn't love the Polynesian!!!

 
We have so many points to use a year.  Of course, DVC units are less points at times that are not crowded - and that is the only time we are willing to go!  So for this year, we have reservations at Animal Kingdom for a short trip in December and in January we will be at the Polynesian.  I have never been to Disney during Christmas season with all the decorations!   I can't wait!


Last week on the 17th was my birthday!  It was a wonderful day, especially dinner.  Mom, Dad, my friend Nicole, and I went to Hemingways for dinner.  We sat outside and watched the swimmers and boaters on the sound.  Birthdays are so fun!


One quick project yesterday morning.   One roll of burlap and fall ribbon.   So cute  and only costs $6.00 total to put together.  Thank you Pinterest.




Getting toward the end of September.  I still can enjoy the pool but when the nights start cooling off into the 60's, the pool will begin to cool down.  Boo!!  We have enjoyed the pool this summer.  I have been in it almost every day.  Now that is a good investment!


Mom is floating around and soaking up that sun.  Dad and Kacey are having a conversation and yes, they have many conversations.


I'll leave with a picture of a September afternoon on the beach.  In the upper 80's each day and still humid. Just how you expect Florida to be in September.





No comments:

Post a Comment